This postcard pack contains x7 “Bourke: A Vision Splendid” series postcards.
“Bourke: A Vision Splendid”, a seven paneled artwork depicting the rugged beauty of the Bourke Shire was painted at the time when the town and many in the district were suffering from the hardships of the 2000-2007 drought. As God made a rainbow to promise his people they would not perish, Jenny Greentree chose to represent Bourke in the colours of the rainbow, not only to express the wonderfully inspiring landscape, but also to encourage the people of Bourke about the hope of their future.
The seven panels that make up the artwork connect with one horizon line and each represent a different aspect of the Bourke Shire. They are named as follows:
- Sunset Over Red Gidgee Plains
- Orange Dust Storm
- Yellow Morning Sun Through Coolibah Country
- Shades Of Green On The Darling River
- Blue Distance From Mt. Oxley To Mt. Gundabooka
- Indigo Storm Approaching Black Soil Plains
- Violet Evening Sky Over North Bourke Bridge